Award Winning Shiraz Twin Pack $125
The ultimate gift featuring our award winning wines the 2018 D’Orsa and the 2019 Inception Shiraz in a complimentary Sanguine black gift box with exclusive recipe cards from our Annual Dinners created to match these wines by Chef Nicky Riemer and Chef Buddha Lo.
2018 D’Orsa Shiraz – Looking back over the 21 years of making wines from the Sanguine vineyard the vintages that followed colder wet years like 2012 and now the 2018 make exceptional, elegant and fresh wines. This shiraz is a classic with dark purple inky colour eluding to the power of this wine. Very aromatic lifted aromas of black fruits and spice with the 70% stylish, expensive new French oak taking the aromas to the next level of complexity. The palate is rich and long with blackberry fruit layered throughout. The D’orsa shiraz from Sanguine are blended to reward the patient but the 2018 is one of the most drinkable vintages to come out of the Sanguine winery.
- 4.5 stars 97/100, top 15% in the challenge – Winestate Magazine – World’s Greatest Shiraz/Syrah XVI (2021)
- 4 Stars Silver Medal – The Real Review 2020
- 4 Stars – Winestate Magazine – World’s Greatest Shiraz/Syrah XV (2020)
2019 Inception Shiraz – The 2019 vintage was exceptional for Sanguine and this has all the hallmarks of a complex age worthy Heathcote shiraz. A very concentrated dark purple, bright and youthful. Pleasing aromas of violet, dark cherry and blackberrys with just a hint of oak and spice absorbed by the intense concentration of fruit. This shiraz is classic Sanguine, rich, vibrant with great balance. The noticeable tannins combined with lush cherry and blackberry fruit give this wine great length and texture, totally delicious.
- Portavin Trophy Winner, Best Victorian Wine – Saint Martin Oak Great Australian Shiraz Challenge
- 5 stars 98/100, top 10% in challenge PLUS the best or “Top wine” in the $40 to $45 class – Winestate Magazine – World’s Greatest Shiraz/Syrah XVI
- Awarded by wine reviewer Stuart Knox from The Real Review as a “Top Rank” wine beating 23 other 2019 Heathcote Shiraz to be the Top wine of the July 2021 tasting
- Gold Medal – Interpack Heathcote Wine Show
All presented in a beautiful Sanguine Estate gift box with exclusive recipe cards from our Annual Dinners created to match these wines by Chef Nicky Riemer and Chef Buddha Lo.